Apply to the show
Submissions now closed.
Submissions for the 2019 Afterhours show have officially closed. Sincere thanks to all the artists that entered – we love seeing your work!
The Information You Need to Know
- Submissions are judged by a panel of experts, including leaders in the art, design and creative industry. Our judges will pick 40 artists to create an original poster around the year’s theme.
- Do not create any new work for submission.
- Artists must reside in the Central Texas area: Austin-Round Rock, Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood, Bryan-College Station, Waco Metro, San Marcos, & San Antonio.
How to prepare your files
Prepare your files with the following specifications:
- No name, logo, mark or contact information on image files.
- File naming is as follows.
FIRSTNAME _LASTNAME_ AFTERHOURS2019.pdf
, for example John_Smith_Afterhours2019.pdf
- Each Artist must submit ONE PDF file (see example) that includes three pieces of any previous work. We do not permit submissions that include multiple PDF files, or PDF files in combination with other file types.
- PDF file must be less than 10 MB.
Note: Only artists selected for the show will be asked to create new work. If you are selected as an artist, you’ll receive an email that explains more about the theme and additional show details.
How it Works
Behind the Scenes
How to Apply