What if every creative mind, from every community, whether low-income or underrepresented, had the opportunity pursue higher education in design?
In 2018, we’re excited to introduce the AIGA Austin Design Continuum Fund, a scholarship program aimed at changing the fabric of design in Central Texas. By supporting local creatives with economically disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing a higher education in design, we aim to make our industry more accessible, inclusive, and progressive. We will award our first scholarship in June 2018 to one or more local creative students.
The AIGA Austin Design Continuum Fund is about doing something bigger than ourselves. It’s about creating a culture of philanthropy. By donating and participating in Design Continuum Fund events, you’ll leave a lasting impact on future generations of designers. Together, we will bring design education to anyone who hopes to pursue it and leave a legacy of diverse voices in our community!
Donate Now! Even $5 makes a difference.
If you would like to donate by check, please make payable to AIGA Austin Design Continuum Fund and mail to:
PMB 549 815-A Brazos St.
Austin, Texas 78701
We encourage creatives who would like pursue a higher education in design disciplines at a local college or university to apply. Graduating High School students pursuing art or design degrees are encouraged to apply as well. Scholarship recipients are selected not only for their talent and need, but also for their demonstrated commitment to giving back to the larger community through their work. Each award is paid directly to the recipient’s school and applied toward tuition through an AIGA/WorldStudio Scholarship.
Application period is February 12, 2018 – April 30, 2018.
View application »
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or possess a Green Card (formally known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551).
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree with the intention to study art or design.
- Applicants must be enrolled or re-enrolled at accredited colleges and universities in Central Texas for the Fall 2018/Spring 2019 academic year.
- Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decision.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Deadline: All entries are due in April 30, 2018 for the 2018/19 scholarship AIGA/WorldStudio competition; students must be enrolled for the full Fall 2018/Spring 2019 academic year.
Questions? Send a note to DCF@austin.aiga.org.
Together, we can leave a legacy by making a design education possible to those who hope to pursue it.