The President of AIGA Austin guides the vision for the chapter and manages the Board of Directors. They are also the primary contact between the National organization and the local one. The President works closely with board members, and initiates and/or decides upon significant proposals that affect the entire Chapter.
As President, you will manage a variety of responsibilities:
- Training and onboarding all new board members
- Running monthly board meetings, directors meetings, and executive board meetings
- Supporting individual board members through 1:1s and removing blockers
- Meeting with the Advisory Board on a regular basis
- Contributing to National strategy and attending monthly leadership calls
- Review all new proposals for programming and provide feedback
- Oversee any crisis management or response
- Keeping a pulse on the Austin community
- Connecting with local leaders in the community or delegating these responsibilities
This role requires someone who is highly adaptive, passionate about AIGA, and a great communicator. The AIGA board tends to range from 20-30 individuals, plus committee volunteers. It is your responsibility to oversee the direction of the chapter while effectively delegating work.
Term: 2 years
Time Commitment: 15-20 hrs/month
Questions about the role? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.