In response to the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the design community, AIGA Austin has created a temporary grant program to support those who have been affected by the economic fallout. We will be distributing one-time, unrestricted $500 grants to those who qualify.
AIGA Austin is donating $15,000 to the fund and we are looking for your donations to keep the giving going. With your support, our community can stay healthy, safe, and connected.
Donate $50 or more and receive a free Heart of Texas t-shirt!
Applications closed on August 31, 2020.
- Deadline: August 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm
- Applications will be accepted from August 6 – 31 and are subject to approval and availability of funds
To review eligibility and guidelines, read below.
For questions on guidelines or donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must reside or have their design studio based in a 20-mile radius of Austin, TX. Applicants must provide verification of current residence or studio location.
- Fund is open to any member of the design community* at any stage of their career. Applicants must provide links to demonstrate their commitment to their professional practice.
- Applicants must be individual designers, and not agencies, studios or cooperatives.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and able to receive taxable income in the United States and Texas.
- If selected, applicants are required to submit a W-9 and necessary banking information to receive electronic deposit of funds.
- Round 1 applications must be submitted by August 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
* If you are not a designer, but consider yourself part of the AIGA Austin community, you may still be eligible for funding. Please submit your application for the selection committee to evaluate.
- Applicants must submit a statement describing current financial need.
- Applicants must provide information regarding loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Priority will be given to designers within the following communities: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color); Disability community including immunocompromised, and/or LGBTQIA+. It is imperative that we do not lose the participation of these communities in shaping the creative and cultural landscape of Austin.
- Those who have participated in AIGA Austin programming in the past will be prioritized.
Review of Applications
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of AIGA Austin Advisory Board members.
- Any and all information provided in this application will remain confidential and will only be used for administrative and management purposes specific to this fund.
Open Call for Applications: August 3–31, 2020
Applicant Notification: September 15, 2020
Fund Disbursement: October 1, 2020
(contingent on supplied banking information and W9)
Multiple rounds of applications may be available, contingent upon remaining funds from Round 1 as well as future donations and sponsorship.
Please note, if we are not able to fund your request during Round 1, your application will automatically be considered for the next round. Applicants who receive funding are not eligible to apply for additional rounds at this time.
For questions, please reach out to email@example.com
- Abby Larson: Project Manager
- Sean Carnegie, Brianna Penney: Operations
- Kelley Toombs: Design
- Paul Del Bosque: Finance
- Bridget Blakeny: Communications
- Zac Heckmann: Application Management
- Rhett Bennatt, Tasha Bowling: Print Assets
- Wendy Carnegie, Alisha Moore: Support