Are you ready to level up your design career? Soft Skills is a new learning series from AIGA Austin focused on improving the non-technical skills that will make you a better collaborator and designer. Join us on Wednesday, November 18th from 7-9PM CST.
Our first workshop in the series is focused on Design Critique. You will learn how to facilitate a crit that is constructive and respectful while overcoming challenges presented by too many stakeholders, a remote team and ambiguous project requirements. The session will also cover:
- How to create a supportive culture of feedback and critique
- How to define what you do and don't want feedback on
- Tips for keeping feedback on topic
- Tips for minimizing subjective or unhelpful feedback
- Strategies for running any kind of crit, regardless of team size, location and role
After the event, you'll receive the crit templates and a PDF of best practices that you can use in your next design crit.
The workshop will be facilitated by Steven Smith, a lead designer and facilitator on the Human-Centered Design Practice Team at USAA, an adjunct professor of Design at St. Edward’s University (Austin) and the Education Director for AIGA Austin.
Note: A link and password to the Zoom meeting will be sent prior to the event.