The Communications Director oversees the consistency of communications across social media, email, and web. This person collaborates with the Technology Director, Social Media Chair and Content Chair to make sure all appropriate copy points and necessary information has been covered. The Comms Director stays informed on all AIGA Austin events and initiatives.
- Develop a content strategy so the Chapter narrative is shared in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Keep in constant communications with Programming Director and Chairs about upcoming events, including reaching out when content is due/overdue.
- Proof and approve content so that it works across all channels.
- Be available to write and send monthly email newsletters.
- Oversee social media postings.
- Coordinate graphics and photography for communications.
- Monitor Slack channels for member questions and conversations.
- Show strong organization and management skills.
- Consistent communication among board members, AIGA members and the greater design community.
- Be an active AIGA Member
- Fulfill a 2 year term
- Propose and execute a succession plan
Think you or someone you know would be a great fit for this role?